Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 5 Assignment

.
Photographic Message and Meaning

When I read what the assignment was for the week, I wanted to really capture life around me.  I wanted to find some great things happening in life, that really spoke to me.  I was looking for things that could share meaning..........and tell a real story.

But I was at a loss.  I just didn't know what to photograph.

Then, I took my kids outside (and that husband of mine!) and we played around.  That's when I realized that my little family is my story.  Being a mom has changed me.......and created a fulfilling lifestyle for me to live.  I never knew my life would be like this.  Or this fulfilling. 

My little ones are constantly telling a story.  And I love capturing them in my photographs, most of all.  That is what gets the camera out of the bag most often.

1/200s
f/1.8
ISO 400



Sorry, I couldn't pick just a couple photos to share.  These little monkeys just get me grinning.
1/320s
f/1.8
ISO 400


1/320s
f/1.8
ISO 400

1/200s
f/1.8
ISO 400


One last thing that really speaks to me, is watching my husband with our children.

He adores them.  

And they surely can't get enough of him.
1/200s
f/1.8
ISO 400


One minute, this little lady can be entirely upset......
1/200s
f/1.8
ISO 400


.......and in the next minute, her daddy has her completely consoled.  
Warms me right up.
1/160s
f/1.8
ISO 400


What a great assignment Brooke, and great way to end the class.  Thanks for allowing me to think of my story and what brings me joy while photographing.

3 comments:

  1. Ashley - you've got it down! You created such beautiful photographs of your family. I think we're all of the same mind...our families are what speak to us, motivate us and fulfill us. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Ashley!

    these are priceless! Way to take the challenge to capture new images this week!

    Your work is looking simply stunning! You have such clean compositions, fantastic exposures and lovely lovely depth of field. I love your choice of colors, your use of the rule of thirds

    and most of all..

    you're truly authentic and meaningful images :)

    Well done! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Your use of light is lovely as well. LOVE the catch lights here :)

    ReplyDelete